eBay vs Shopify Dropshipping – Should you Dropship on shopify or eBay?
Find out more about Zik here http://bit.ly/eBay_vs_Shopify_Dropshipping
Subscribe to our channel here http://bit.ly/2m9UCiw
Download the Guide here https://www.zikanalytics.com/Resources/Guide?id=beginners-guide-how-to-start-dropshipping-on-ebay
In this video, Ela goes over the Pros and Cons of shopify dropshipping vs eBay dropshipping
0:05 eBay vs Shopify Dropshipping
0:12 Which platform should you start your dropshipping ecommerce business on
0:20 Main differences between Shopify vs eBay
– 0:40 How eBay drives Traffic vs how Shopify drives traffic
– 0:43 How to get traffic on eBay
– 1:05 How to drive traffic on Shopify
1:33 Finding products to sell on eBay
– 1:38 Can use tools for ebay to do competitor research such as Zik Analytics, which gives accurate data
– 1:50 Can also research other sellers to find their profitable products
2:05 Finding products to sell on Shopify
– 2:10 Product research on Facebook, AliExpress and Google Trends
– 2:15 Data is not 100% accurate
2:28 Preparing items to be sold on Shopify vs eBay
– 2:32 Set up time to sell on eBay
– 2:35 Need an ebay account, Paypal account and time
– 2:45 Traffic handled by eBay
– 2:53 Set up time to start selling on Shopify
– 2:56 Create website,
– write content
– Find products
– Create Facebook ads and creatives
– Run and optimise ads
– Find winning ads and eventually makes sales
3:21 Potential and limitations of each platform
– 3:35 Is shopify better than eBay?
– 3:37 Limitations and potential of selling on eBay
– 3:39 Postage, communication and quality is highly regulated on eBay meaning we need to abide by their rules to keep selling
– 3:44 Traffic has a possible limit on eBay (But it is huge)
– 3:50 It is possible to get your account banned if not careful
– 4:11 Is eBay better than Shopify?
– 4:14 Limitations and potential of selling on Shopfiy
– 4:15 Free to sell and do as you wish including
– Build email list
– Retarget customers
– Delay shipping if required without risk of being shut down
– 4:33 Unlimited potential of traffic on Shopify
-4:40 You need to pay for traffic on Shopify
5:05 Pros of selling on eBay
– 5:05 No investment needed for selling on eBay
5:14 Pros of selling on Shopify
– 5:18 No risk of account being banned
Ok so let’s just go over the main differences between eBay and Shopify:
-eBay is a search engine just like Google where people go to search for products
And Shopify is where you need to drive traffic to your website in order to get buyers.
no traffic – no buyers.
Now that we have the main differences let’s elaborate:
Pros & Cons:
eBay Dropshipping vs. Shopify Dropshipping:
1. Drive traffic and make sales
Because eBay is a search engine you don’t need to be worried about traffic,
all you need to do is list items to your eBay store with simple research and you will start making sales.
eBay has over 180 million buyers that search for products on daily base, so you can start Dropshipping on eBay with 0 investment and just allow the traffic on eBay to do the job for you.
To be able to make sales on Shopify you need to drive traffic of relevant people that are actually willing to buy your items!
To drive traffic you can use different traffic sources like, Google ads or Facebook ads
Most people drive traffic from Facebook which is super expensive and you can’t start without investing money.
The more money you can invest – the higher your chances to make a profit using Shopify.
2. Finding products to sell
When dropshipping on eBay you can use tools like ZIK Analytics that show you accurate data on:
The sales history of items sold on eBay,
the competition and
which title to use to drive sales,
You can even research other eBay sellers and see what are some of their top selling items.
Once you have found an item all you need is to optimize the title and list it to your store and you’re good to go.
Finding products to sell on Shopify includes research on facebook, ali express and google trends,
And even if you use all of these tools –
you will never be 100% sure if this data is accurate.
Once you have finally find an item to sell – then begins the start of a whole new project – preparing your item to be sold.
3. Set up time – How easy is it to start?
To start selling on eBay all you need is
an eBay account, paypal account and time to research for new items.
Once you have found your item you then list it to your store and wait for sales,
no money invested and you don’t need to think about getting traffic through your products because eBay does the job for you.
To start selling on Shopify you need to:
create a website, write content, find products prepare creative facebook ads, start running ads, optimize the ads, look for winning ads and hopefully make sales.